Hybrid Meeting Solutions
Connect and Share: the Hybrid Event
Trust your event; live, remote, or a combination (that's "Hybrid") to the team that can manage the physical and the virtual, and add the human touch to both.
At Edwards we:
- Create engaging, slick events, both hybrid and live
- Cater to both physical and digital audiences
- Can advise you on the best way to deal with the technology
What: The Hybrid Event Explained
A hybrid event is a trade show, conference, seminar, workshop, AGM or other meeting that combines a "live" in-person event with a "virtual" online component, and potentially smaller "in-person" satellite events all over the city, country, or the planet.
Why: The Benefits of a Hybrid Event
- It actually makes a lot of sense - people often can't or don't want to travel
- Save a lot on the cost of flights and accommodation
- Using a small set, an inexpensive meeting can be broadcast to many and look "expensive"
- Minimises fear and anxiety by giving people options
- Increased accessibility equals increased revenue
- It can be recorded for "on demand" playback and is easily shared (or secured)
How: Running a Hybrid Event
High production value is critical A virtual experience is run differently and can actually be more demanding. You must avoid tech glitches, distracting noises, and you have the challenge of keeping remote attendees engaged, and remote presenters ready to go with their cues. In the same way organizers have a production team for a live meeting, you will require a production team solely focused on the virtual experience as there are several traps for the unwary.
Who: the Edwards Hire Team
Hybrid events aren't new. We've been incorporating remote presenters and guest speakers since 2008, and streaming events to various livestream platforms for many years. The technology has been around for a while, as have Edwards, but the rapid escalation of the Covid-19 lockdowns around the world sure got the wrinkles out and has resulted in several advances and new techniques developed!
We have partnered with organisations on hybrid events in the past as a way of increasing participation in traditional events at a relatively low cost, involving people impacted by travel or time zone constraints or increasingly to reduce the carbon footprint of the event. This will only continue to grow as international travel restrictions linger and many people can't make it to the actual event, or prefer not to go.
We are industry professionals uniquely skilled to help in a situation like the one the world currently finds itself in.
You can trust us with any event - live or hybrid. Our team that can manage the physical and the virtual, and add the human touch to both.