Why Party Lighting is so Important? 01-Jan-0001 Edwards
In the run up to party season, we are posting on all things lighting. We find that it is often overlooked by people who are not in the AV or entertainment business. No one forgets the food or the playlist but they often get the party started and then realise that no one is ever going to dance under the community hall’s fluorescent lighting!
But there is more to lighting than just making it dark enough for people to bust some moves on the dance floor. Here are five reasons why lighting is so important to a party:
- It can make people look gorgeous. Many venues will have harsh overhead lighting which does nothing to make people feel attractive. Movie makers use overhead lighting to age actors and you don’t want to do that to your wife! The right lighting will make your guests feel attractive, then they’ll relax and have a good time.
- It is one of the easiest and least expensive ways to create the ‘mood’ be it romantic (wedding), crazed (kid’s party), scary (Halloween) or festive (Xmas).
- It is as easy to do outdoors as it is indoors, so your party can start at the gate.
- It doesn’t take long! For the host / hostess / party organizer anything which doesn’t require an evening spent doing arts and crafts or blowing balloons offers welcome respite. Lighting can be set up in less than an hour, and takes even less time to take down.
- It requires no attention during the party so you have the chance to let your hair down too. Today’s systems pretty much run themselves.
Stay tuned to the next few posts for some ideas on how to light a venue, light your home and light the great outdoors.
We are a bricks and mortar business based in Penrose. We do not hide behind a mobile phone number and a PO Box. We have a showroom where we can meet you face to face and talk about your requirements and you can see everything in action in our demo room!
Call or email us for a no obligation consultation and quote or to place an order.